Your Advanta SEO team has more than five years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry: We speak your language!
Your SEO team has experience in both editing digital content to improve the User Experience (UX) and coding for effective search engine communication. Both of these skills help to increase the likelihood of conversions and improve your website’s ROI.
In order to collaborate well with your SEO team, we recommend using the following steps as a checklist.
Effective SEO Collaboration
- Read the existing copy,
- Review and regularly refer to the preferred keyword list,
- Edit the copy, adding in relevant, appropriate keywords,
- Highlight the added keywords,
- Add notes to clarify text, if needed,
- Share content with your SEO team for additional edits.
SEO Editing Do’s
- Create or work from quality, relevant, useful content. This will lead to adding keywords in appropriate context.
- Keep the content focused and on-topic.
- Write only as much as is useful/necessary.
- Use keywords and phrases in industry-relevant ways.
- Consider your audience: use the keywords and phrases in the way they will likely search for your content, i.e.,
- “custom peptide manufacturing in the US”
- “cmo for pre-filled syringes”
- “cytotoxic api” instead of just “api”.
- Keep it simple.
Even in highly technical, business-to-business websites, users are looking for answers, products or services. Don’t make them guess or spend time searching. Say what you mean and leave it alone.
SEO Editing Don’ts
- Never “stuff” keywords; this is negative SEO and can actually result in your page or site being penalized by Google and other search engines.
- Use keywords and phrases naturally in context.
- Vary your keywords, as appropriate, to draw a variety of searches and keep visitors’ interests.
- Don’t try to cover every topic on one page;
- Each page should have its own focus to draw interested visitors more likely to convert.
- If a page naturally refers to the content on another page, share that Page Title/link.
- Don’t use flowery language, i.e.,
- “use” not “utilize”
- “to” not “in order to”
- “evaluating its commercial aims” not “evaluating its strategic objectives in terms of its consumer base”
- “assistance” not “facilitation and enhancement”.
- Don’t make promises you cannot keep or allude to services or products which aren’t available.
Overall, it’s about creating quality, relevant content. Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to submit what you’ve written, as is; your SEO team will review and make suggestions to ensure an effective collaboration.